Monday, November 05, 2012

Thankful Day 5

Today I am thankful for the seasons!  I love the changing of the seasons - from the flowers in spring, the sun and fun of summer or the snow and hot chocolate in the winter.  But the one that I love most of all is Fall.  I love the cool crisp air, the changing of the leaves, the sweaters, the pumpkins, the scarves, the holidays....I could go on and on.

This year we had the fun opportunity to go to the pumpkin patch with both my mom and Kye, but also Nate's parents!  We had tons of fun!

We decided to head up to the Ashland Berry Farm. It was all the pumpkins you could carry (at least 3 steps) for $20.  The picture is just the trial run, they actually carried even more cause after this we found white pumpkins and gourds!
Max definitely enjoyed exploring the pumpkin patch.  He found Plenty of Leaves to eat!  He also ended up finding a very cute little yellow pumpkin (not pictured) that was smaller than a tennis ball.  He spent the entire hayride back playing with it and chewing on it! Once back from the patch, we also enjoyed yummy homemade donuts! Overall it was a very successful first outing to the pumpkin patch!.


Fall also brings Halloween and I had WAY too much fun dressing Max up.  He was Link from the Nintendo game Zelda.  He got to have fun wearing his costume to Trunk or Treat as well as on Halloween!  He didn't really understand the candy part (but to be fair he isn't even 9 months old), but he had fun going around and smiling at everyone!  Definitely a success! (Special thanks to Caitlyn for his AWESOME costume! It was really nice to only have to do the sword and shield myself).

Anyway, I'm thankful for both fall as well as the other seasons for reminding me that change happens, and it always brings new and fun adventures with it!

NOTE:  If you happen to still be following my thankful posts, I'm silly and like comments - so let me know you stopped by the blog - it helps motivate me knowing that people are actually enjoying the updates.  (Although this is a personal goal, so I guess I'll keep doing it whether others are reading or not...)

1 comments:

Shannon said...

You're hilarious...here's your comment! But really, I love reading your posts, they really are so heartfelt and detailed and I LOVE IT!