Today I am thankful to be an American. I am thankful for the Men and Women who have and continue to fight for my freedom. Their sacrifices are the reason I have the life, liberty and the ability to pursue my own happiness.I am thankful for my freedom of Religion. Thankful that I can worship how, where, and what I may.
I am thankful for my freedom of Speech. That for good or bad, I can say what I would like to say; that I can express my opinions without fear of being pursued unfairly by my government.
I am thankful for my right to bear arms. Weird one, I know - but this right allows me the ability to protect my family if there would ever be the need (yet at the same time the only gun I own is a bb gun...).I am thankful for my right to Vote. It still amazes me that every four years, we the citizens of this great Nation have the opportunity to elect our leaders. We can choose who we want. We have the right and ability to take a stand and elect the people we think will do the best job leading and guiding our cities and our country.
So today I choose to show my thanks for all of these things be Voting. I hope each of you take the opportunity to do the same, and also take a moment to pause and reflect on what a truly great opportunity this is!
0 comments:
Post a Comment