Today I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am happily a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love the peace and truth that the gospel brings. We had Stake Conference this weekend (where all of the local congregations meet together and listen to local members and leaders speak). I really enjoyed listening to our local leaders provide guidance and insight on how I can continue to better myself and my family.
Of course it reminded me of the last time we went to Stake Conference because it was a special time for me. It was the first time we took Max to Church. He was just 2.5 weeks old. We put him in his tiny shirt and tie and loaded him up and off we went. He did great! (This picture was taken afterwards and he was done and ready to be out of his church clothes.
Another thing that we do in the Church is bless babies. In the purpose is two fold, 1 - to give them a name (on the records of the church) and also to give them a Blessing. Max had his blessing on March 25th, 2012. It was a very special occasion especially because all of our siblings (yep, all 6 of mine and all 4 of Nate's) were able to be in attendance. It was wonderful to feel the spirit and the love of family on that special day.
If you would like to know more about this gospel that I am so grateful for please feel free to ask me or check out www.mormon.org for more information.
6 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment