Thursday, November 01, 2012

November - A month full of thanks!

So in an attempt to both catch everyone up on events of the past year (or two) AND get into the spirit of the season, every day (yes, I'm holding myself to all 30 days this month) I plan on talking about one thing that I am thankful for that has happened.

Today I'm starting BIG. I am MOST thankful for our little bundle of Joy, Max.

Maxwell Richard Walker was born on Tuesday February 7, 2012 at 5:46pm. He was 8lbs 2oz and 20 inches long. He is so much fun. He has always been an active little guy, and is proving that to be the case now as he is not even 9 months old and walking around like a champ! He says Mama and Dada, and "mo" for when he wants more. He gives high five and waves bye-bye. He is honestly one of the happiest babies I have ever met, and is always glad to flash his smile around.

He loves to play with his toys, as well as get into Finn's food and water, no matter where we hide it. He LOVES swinging, and also music. He is very very independent, and definitely strong willed (I cannot imagine where he got that from). He is not super cuddly unless he is tired, but when he IS tired, he loves nothing more than to snuggle up and be held until he falls asleep. He has also provided me with an excellent excuse to watch lots of Winnie the Pooh movies!

Also, I have to admit that I have WAY TOO MUCH FUN dressing him. He has 9 pairs of shoes (this is size 2 only!) and tons and tons of clothes. And apparently I have issues because he always has to match, down to his socks and coats.
Most of all I love how much he loves me. His face lights up when I walk in a room, and I love it. When he is sad or hurt (you know, from banging his head into things cause it's way bigger than the rest of him) he always calms down for me and it makes my heart melt.

So for today, that is what I am most thankful for. My Baby Max.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for babies! I think that's why some people love having babies and toddlers, because it's the only time in your life anyone needs you and loves you so perfectly!