Yes, it's 1AM, so technically it is Saturday and I blew it on day
two. Guess I'm not perfect (shhh - don't tell anyone, you might blow my cover).
So I had my day 2 post all written up and just needed to add
pictures, but then I changed my mind. So now that one is day 3. For
day 2, I'm thankful for Books. All kinds of books.
I have always been an avid reader. As a child/teenager, some
of my favorite memories are sitting in the chair in the living room curled up
with a book reading. When we made my dad a cheesy home video for a
birthday present, that was one of my hobbies that we listed. As an
English Lit Major, I spend TONS of time in college reading. I mean like -
1000+PAGES a week were required for my classes. Now don't get me wrong, I
read fast. Very fast (but I do NOT skim). But even for someone
reads fast, that is a lot. So once I finished up school, I took a break
from reading. And I got out of the habit, for a while. I read a
book here or there, but I no longer had the constant thirst for reading.
But last spring that changed again...suddenly I was ready to pick
up books again and I LOVE it. I love that when reading you can totally
transport yourself to another place. You have the ability to see new
perspectives and experience things you never would otherwise. {I just
realized that I managed to read almost 1000 pages this week. No wonder I'm
tired - guess I can't blame it all on Max}
So for day 2, I'm thankful for
Books. I'm thankful that I have access to so many books, and that I have
the time and opportunity to read them.
PS - if you have any good suggestions let me know - I'm always
looking for new books to read!
1 comments:
Yay day 2! It's been hard for me to sit down and read lately, but I'm really into audio books because I can listen to them while I clean or sew! I love that you can download them from the library without ever even leaving your house! We both know that this is because I'm lazy.
We should talk books sometime!
Post a Comment