Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful Day 16

So today we are half way through the month!  Hooray!  I figured that in order to celebrate, I would do one of my big thankful's - perhaps the thing I am most thankful for in this world.  Yep, you guessed it, it's Nathan.

He is truly a wonderful person!  He is an AMAZING father.  He will do the fun stuff (like playing and snuggling) but he also helps with all of the hard stuff (getting up in the middle of the night, changing dirty diapers, etc.) without me having to prompt him.

He cooks for me, helps me clean the house, helps with the chores outside.  He watches girl TV shows with me and remembers to record the ones I like.  He remembers my favorites and the things I don't like (perhaps even better than I do).  He spoils me with all kinds of things (like shopping and vacations) but also by letting me spend lots of time with my sisters.  He brings me flowers for no reason other than he knows how much I like them.

He is patient with me when I'm being moody or cranky or just plain irrational.  He always forgive me for being ridiculous.  He understands that sometimes I just have to vent and he listens quietly.  He supports my decisions and helps me stay strong when I'm tempted not to be.

He studied hard and is now working hard to provide for our family. He focuses the gospel and makes decisions by consulting with Heavenly Father in Prayer.  He takes me to the Temple often.  He encourages me to study and pray and continue to strengthen my testimony.  He is my very best friend and the love of my life.  So today I am thankful for my amazing, handsome, and wonderful husband!!

{The picture at the top is the first picture ever taken of the two of us - we weren't even dating yet.  It is still to this day one of my favorites.  The second is Nate and Max on the plane during our round robin trip to visit great grandmas this summer}

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautifully written! You got a good one...and so did he! ;)