This past week I have been experimenting. I am in charge of the activities and food on the Fourth of July with all of Nate's Family this year and I want everything to be awesome. The Menu and Games have been pretty easy to come up with, but dessert was eluding me. I wanted it to be BBQ friendly and fun for the kids...but also festive (not to mention something I haven't done before because where is the fun it that?!?). So I decided to try making red white and blue pinwheel cookies on sticks. This way the kind of look like the whimsical suckers you get at carnivals, but instead they are cookies! Here's how the test run turned out:
What do you think? Cute enough to be served as dessert on the 4th? ( I will also have the firecracker popsicles to help cool everyone down).

Oh, and someone decided to try and help me while I was holding the sifter full of powdered sugar....she sure smelled good!
5 comments:
totally adorable! you should definitely use them, and then you should post the recipe here BEFORE the 4th so we can all try them too ;-)
I like it. You always put so much work into stuff, Diane. Make it fun, but don't stress yourself out too much!
Super cute!! Not suprised thought-you ALWAYS come up with the most darling things! Hope you guys have a great 4th!
cute cookies, and even cuter pup!
These are such cute cookies! You really should open a bakery!!
Post a Comment