Well, there's never a dull moment at the Walker house. Last week we had a wonderful new Bishop called in our ward. Nate and I were both so excited! Then on Wednesday he set up a meeting with me. I knew what was coming, but was hoping that I was wrong....but sure enough I was right (as always!). On Sunday it was made official that I will be serving as one of the Manchester Ward Seminary Teachers for the kids attending Manchester High School.
Yep, you heard me right, I'll be teaching SEMINARY! Yep, that means getting up before 6 AM EVERYDAY. I'm so excited and yet so terrified all at the same time (with my primary fear being that I won't be able to wake up in the mornings....). {For those of you who aren't LDS, Seminary is an early morning scripture study class that the high school students attend before school each day. I will be teaching it at my home as a volunteer. If you have more questions please ask me!!}
I know that I have lots of other updates to post (vacations, trips, family events, garden, etc.) and maybe I'll get to that today or tomorrow, but for now I'm still reelling at the news.
Wish me luck!
Love,
Diane
6 years ago
8 comments:
Hooray!! What a perfect seminary teacher, your going to be amazing! You have such a fun and creative personality, they are going to learn so much from you!!!!
You know you'll do great. This is what you get for wanting to have a "grown-up" calling!
is it wrong that i laughed out loud about this? :-) you'll be great! the kids need someone with enthusiasm that early in the morning (and food, and we all know what kind of a cook you are!). i'm excited for you and can't wait to hear about how it goes!
you are going to be amazing at it! the yw were so excited when they heard it announced--good luck on the early morning thing :)
Congrats again! You will be fabulous. I don't envy the early morning part, but I am sure the blessings will be plentiful!!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Just remind Nate to wear body armor when he tries to wake you up in the morning - you have a mean right hook in your sleep :). I remember how you used to hide in the covers below the foot of the bed when you didn't want to get up for papers...so when no one can find you that's where they should check! But seriously, you are going to do GREAT!!!
Good Luck! You will do wonderful job. Just think of how you'll be helping strengthen those high schoolers testimonies before they go into all the temptations of high school. My only wish is that you could be my kids seminary teacher. HA HA I wont curse you in that calling that long:)
You can always take a nap at work, don't worry about it:) I couldn't think of a better Seminary teacher! We'll totally miss you in Primary though.
I'm so, so, so very sorry about Norman.
Post a Comment