Monday, April 12, 2010

Visiting Walkers



Last weekend we had the pleasure of hosting Nate's parents. This is the first opportunity they have had to visit us since we got married, so I wanted everything to be perfect (this translated into staying up until two in the morning the night before to finish all those odds and ends I've been meaning to do around the house for months - meaning all my pictures are framed and on the walls, the guest room is set up, and you can now find the floor in my study).

It was a great visit! Friday we took them downtown to see VCU. I wanted them to know that Nate was going to a real University and not one we made up! After a nice tour of all of campus, we hit the bookstore for T-shirts and other paraphernalia! Then it was down to the Capitol to experience a little Richmond History. We also showed them Monument Avenue and Hollywood Cemetery. It was a really nice day.



Saturday we had the 4th annual Walker Easter Egg Hunt (Details will follow in another post). Sunday was a nice Easter at home with the Family and General Conference. Sunday we had a fun Bowling outing...as it turns out I'm not very good, but I did improve significantly when I moved over to the bumper lane with Kye! Then they took us out to a DELICIOUS dinner at Bonefish Grill. All in all it was a very nice visit!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I am glad you had such a good time with them...wish we could have met them!