Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Springtime Success!!

I love Daffodils. I love how bright and happy they are, showing the beauty of spring right there at the beginning!! It was something I loved about BYU, all of the Daffodils EVERYWHERE in the spring time (I was even known on occasion to go and cut a few for myself from an obliging flower patch when no campus police were looking...)

Well, this winter I decided that I wanted to see daffodils this spring, and I found a great deal online...a whole bushel of bulbs for $20!!! (I've had a really hard time justifying a more expensive purchase as we are just renting the house. You know, the whole improving other people's property thing......) When I ordered them it was 60 degrees and sunny...then what happened that weekend? Nothing other than a record breaking snowstorm (guess I forgot to mention that I put this off until December....but that was why they were so cheap!). Anyway, when it finally warmed up for a week or so in January and the ground was soft, Kye and Nate helped me plant them. I had very little hope in them coming up this year because we waited to long but as you can see....





Yes, these are only tiny sprouts and Yes, only the ones that Kye planted have started to come up, but I have high hopes that come Easter Weekend I will have hundreds of beautiful flowers lining the front of our house!! Hooray for Springtime!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! Maybe Kye is the only one who planted them right-side up... hmmm... ha ha.

Amanda said...

I planted tulips this year (there were already daffodils here) and I was scared they wouldn't come up but they did! I can't wait to see them bloom!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

They are going to look fab!!

Erin said...

I'm jealous! It's so weird how plants lift the mood. You need to help me convince Bry to "invest" in some mood flowers for my garden:)