I know you are all anxiously awaiting my many exciting and amazing updates from this summer (from Disney World, to Girls Camp, to a Cubbies game and more) but that is going to have to wait just a little while longer. I feel the need to write this post while things are still fresh in my memory.
Yesterday Nate and I had the AMAZING opportunity to listen to Elder Bednar speak. For those of you who are not LDS, Elder Bednar is one of the 12 Apostles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who leads our church. He did a special session for the youth only (Ages 12-18) here in Richmond that Nate and I were able to attend because I am a Seminary teacher. (For more on what Seminary is please see my older posts).
I'm not sure I can do the experience justice, but I will try. The meeting itself was nothing unusual, despite the less than typical format. He held a question and answer session where the youth asked him questions and he then helped guide them to the answers. They asked some fairly insightful question and he gave some excellent answers, but nothing that would have differed from any other leader.
What really struck me was the AMAZING spirit and power that Elder Bednar has. His presence brings a feeling of peace and closeness to the Savior. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but I after being that close to him I think I better understand the Thousands of people that flocked to Jesus and the Apostles just to hear them speak. His testimony radiates from Him so strongly. I wish I could listen to the apostles up close like that all of the time.
I don't think I can explain it better than this, so I will only add one more thing. I KNOW that Elder Bednar is truly an Apostle called of God. I know that he helps to guide and direct the Lord's church here on Earth.
(If you would like to know more about the LDS Church please let me know. I'd be happy to talk to you about it)
6 years ago
4 comments:
So, so cool Diane. Thanks so much for sharing!
Liked.
(I may or may not spend too much time on facebook.)
I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not jealous. I'm glad you got to go... it's been fun hearing from different people what they got out of the meeting. Thanks for sharing! :)
Thanks for giving us a piece of what it was like--beautiful testimony,so gald you were able to be there.
Post a Comment