Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Time is Here Again!!!

Yes, I am aware how shamefully long it has been since I posted and that you are all dying that you have missed out on the many exciting events that have happened since the middle of October, but that is not today's post. Today I want to tell you about all the things I love about Christmas.


I love Christmas. The music, the decorations, the smells, the movies, and well, everything. I love that Christmas music can make me sooooo happy...especially when I start hearing it for the first time in November and then Nate gets in the car and is mad that I'm listening to it already, but I don't care, cause I never get sick of it. It's just awesome.

I love Christmas decorations. I love sitting on my couch and staring at my tree and just enjoying the yummy tree smell (thank you White Barn Candle Company) and the quiet beauty of a Christmas tree.

I love Christmas movies. Nate has indulged my love of them so much this year that we have quadrupled our collection and I never get sick of them. I don't think I could name a favorite, they are all so fun, but I really enjoy the Muppets, the Grinch (animated, not Jim Carey), and most of all Mickey.

I love Christmas baking. IF you know me at all you know about my obsession with decorating cookies, and Christmas ones are so fun. I like that I can get away with making 6-10 kinds of cookies because I can give them away without protest from friends and family. I also love gingerbread houses. They are so cute and fun, despite the fact that they taste gross!

Most of all I love the way people change around Christmas. I love buying presents for people and watching their excitement when they open a good gift! People are more generous and loving around Christmas. They take time to remember other people and spend time with their families. I just love it.

So what are some of your favorite things about Christmas....do you share any of mine, or are yours different?

1 comments:

kelleen said...

Love your post--So true about the candles when you have an artificial tree! I love the small of everyone's fireplace going and the crispness in the air, and especially the excitement of little kids through the whole season.