Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sick of the same old Dinners?

So Shannon and I were talking the other day about how we are sick of making and eating the same meals. So Nate and I took the time to write down the meals we eat and know how to make. I was suprised to learn it was over 50, but at the same time still dissapointed. Nothing on that list is new or adventerous. I would really like something new, but don't want to have to go through the pain of trying a new cookbook. I also find that most of the recipies from my favorite Food Network Chefs are not exactly budget or hip friendly. Oh I am aware that some are, but the majority use expensive or hard to find ingredients or have so much butter I can feel myself getting bigger! My next thought was using recipies online, but again that makes me nervous because I never know how it will turn out. I'd rather try new meals from people I know and can trust.

Now comes my idea, but before I actually go through with it I want to know what you (my friends) think and if you would be interested. I thought we could create a blog where we can all post our recipies. Not a ton at a time, but as we make them. For example, If I make my apple cranberry pork chops tonight and realize they are yummy and not too expensive, I would take a picture of my dinner, then blog the recipie. Everyone else could do the same. Of course we will all still make tacos and spaghetti that we won't post, but then when we want an idea we can see what our friends are making, and perhaps change things up just a little bit. Just a thought. Not sure if anyone would be interested, but let me know.

Love,
Diane

8 comments:

kelleen said...

I think it is brilliant--
i would love that! Most of the recipe books I go through think you have 2 hours to make a meal and $30 to make it with--would love some new family-friendly recipes. Count me in!

Unknown said...

I'd do that... as long as you don't secretly leave out any ingredients, Diane. I know your tricks!

I think if we post a few of our staples, too, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Just because we eat mostaccioli all the time doesn't mean other people do. Besides, staples are usually comfort food, my favorite!

Caroline said...

Ohh that would be awesome! I'm in a bit of a culinary slump and would love to glean glorious culinary knowledge from others. And I have a few things I could kick in as well.

Maya said...

I'm in! You should also check out Healthy Eats, one of the blogs I contribute to that is dedicated to healthy recipes. It's linked on my blog under "Blogs We Like." However, their health factor is pretty stringent so I don't post there too often (like, chicken enchiladas wouldn't be very healthy because you use tortillas and cheese sort of thing).

Let me know when your blog is up; I've got a list of recipes with pictures ready to go (yes, I'm one of those weird people who takes pictures of her favorite meals).

Carrie said...

This is a great idea. It'll make me come up with some fun receips to share. Thanks Diane you are such a smarty pants:)

Shannon said...

You know that I am in! Fabulous idea girl!

Jones Family said...

I was just telling Billy that I am SO tired of thinking of new ideas for dinners!!!

Amanda said...

Hey, idk if you remember me or not but I'm one of Caitlyn's friends and I would love to do this!!! I think she already told you on facebook, but then I found your blog!

mine is drewsgirl2608.blogspot.com